The Social Media Marketing Checklist Your Business Needs in 2017
By Tereza Litsa
Source: Search Engine Watch
As social media marketing becomes more challenging and time-consuming, it’s time to get more organized when managing your brand’s social presence.
It’s not easy handling a brand’s social presence, but its successful management can lead to great results. Social networks keep growing and they are heading into a more mature phase, which means that the challenges grow for every brand that tries to stay competent.
There are many reasons for a brand to invest in social media marketing and the results depend on the set goals:
- Increase awareness
- Reach a new audience
- Boost engagement
- Increase traffic to the site
- Explore new business opportunities
- Gain new leads
- Work with new clients
No matter what goals you set for the new year, you still need to stay on top of your brand’s social media marketing and the right checklist may help you with all the tasks you need to do at the beginning of the year.
This is the initial stage that you’ll think of all the new ways that can boost your social media marketing.
- Explore the latest trends and see if any of them fits in your own strategy
- Learn more about the new platforms or examine whether the old ones are still suitable for your audience
- Be creative and think outside the box
- Come up with new content ideas and experiment with them on each platform
- Ask for help from other team members to broaden your perspective
Right after your brainstorming session, it’s time to evaluate your planning to see whether it’s effective enough to help your social media marketing.
- Go back to your content calendar and see whether it was effective enough to use it frequently
- What needs to be improved to the existing content calendar?
- Decide on the channels you’re using. Should you add new ones?
- Examine whether the frequency of the content has been effective up to now
- Organize your goals and your KPIs
- Do you know how to justify your social marketing efforts?