Website Building: A Checklist for Digital Marketers
Your website is the face of your company. It’s the first interaction between you and your clients, and it’s often the only hub of company material that potential digital leads will see before making a decision about whether or not to do business with you. For these reasons and more, your website should reflect your company’s mission with as much clarity as possible to prompt leads to engage and build your contact list.
How to Build a High Quality Website
Your plan for your website is the most essential element of the creation process—without a plan, your website won’t have any direction, and it won’t be successful. Below is a simple checklist for you and your team to reference throughout the website building process—whether at the beginning, middle, end—to help you inform or update your construction plan.
- Choose a pricing plan or budget.
- Choose your hosting platform.
- Secure your desired domain name.
- Finish setup for company email addresses.
- Plan and create site pages highlighting services and products.
- Create page content with clear calls to action.
- Research blogs topics and create blog content.
- Optimize each page and post for SEO.
- Establish a cohesive and attractive design, complete with page layouts, element styles, color palettes, etc.
- Design or update your logo.
- Find and secure royalty-free images to populate page content and navigation features.
- Optimize your site for mobile-viewing and accessibility.
- If applicable, build your e-commerce system for your online store.
- Fix links throughout the site.
- Finish setup for analytics.
- Establish and/or update plugins.
- Optimize your site for SEO.
- Perform a speed check.
- Test your entire website and perform a Quality Assurance check.
Finding Your Solution with ONE18MEDIA
At ONE18MEDIA, we work with each client to build a comprehensive site strategy that meets marketing goals and contributes to the overall success of the business. We ask you: What do you want visitors to your site to do? What’s your call-to-action? Then, once we’ve nailed down your strategy, our team works with yours to implement your site strategy with an attractive, user-friendly, and effective site that will capture the leads you’re looking for. Contact us today to begin mapping out your website with the most capable team in the industry.